Workshop on assessment of malaria elimination results and surveillance system in Central Vietnam in 2017
|Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Van Chuong, Director of IMPE-Quy Nhon in his opening speech at the workshop.|
On 12th and 13th December 2017, the IMPE-Quy Nhon held the workshop on "Assessment of malaria elimination results and surveillance system in Central Vietnam in 2017."
Participants to the workshop included the representatives of General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM), the National Institute of Malariolory, Parasitology and Entomology (NIMPE), the IMPE-Quy Nhon, the IMPE-Ho Chi Minh city, World Health Organization (WHO) in Vietnam, leaders and staff members of 15 malaria control centres/centers for preventive medicine in Central Vietnam and staff members of IMPE-Quy Nhon.
At the workshop, Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Van Chuong, Director of IMPE-Quy Nhon presented the report on assessment of malaria elimination results in the period of 2011-2016 and in the first 10 months of 2017 in Central Vietnam. The report showed that the number of malaria morbidity in Central Vietnam decreased in the period of 2011-2017 and in the first 10 months of 2017, the number of malaria patients decreased by 18%, compared with the same period of 2016 and 2 cases of malaria deaths.
Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Van Chuong, Director of IMPE-Quy Nhon presenting the report on assessment
of malaria elimination result in the period of 2011-2016 and in the first 10 months of 2017 in Central Vietnam.
At the workshop, the leader representatives of 15 malaria control centres/centers for preventive medicine in Central Vietnam also presented the framework for malaria control and elimination at their localities and gave the measures for the next period.
The workshop was also presented the results of activity system and investigation of malaria morbidity in Central Vietnam in 2017 and some of the information on malaria stratification, malaria diagnosis, foci classification. At the end of the workshop, the representatives discussed each other and unified the roadmap to malaria elimination in the region by 2025 and orientation to 2030.
At the workshop
Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Van Chuong, Director of IMPE Quy Nhon closed the workshop and suggested the provinces to carry out some of solutions as follows:
1. To continuously review and carry out the malaria elimination in accordance with the real situation of localities.
2. To proactively monitor malaria cases, give treatment, monitor malaria foci and reduce deaths from malaria.
3. To consolidate and re-train the grassroots healthcare network and microscope points to ensure the prompt and accurate monitoring and reporting of malaria cases.
4. To strengthen the surveillance of malaria epidemiology in hot spots and severely-hit communes of malaria; to take initiative in reporting malaria situation to the leaders and relevant agencies for the timely solution.
5. Specialists of the General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM) and staff of NIMPE, IMPE-HCMC and IMPE Quy Nhon should provide counselling for the GDPM and the Ministry of Health on building a suitable roadmap.