The Provincial Malaria - Goiter Control Centre Of Quang Nam
Address: 131 Truong Nu Vuong Street, Nam Ky City
Telephone: 0510. 3852 490
Fax: 0510. 3859 796
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 18 districts/city
2. 13 districts with 78 communes in malaria-endemic areas.
3. 54 microscopic sites
Nguyen Van Van, MD., MSc.
1. 07 departments
2. Staff: 42 members
- Postgraduates and graduates: 19
- Secondary trainings and others: 23
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
- Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Service on control activities of malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases, endocrine and metabolic disoders in the province;
- On the basis of the annual health development strategy of the province and directions from the MoH, make plans for control activities of malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases and metabolic disorders;
- Organise and direct the surveillance and inspection of malaria and goiter situation in the province; and if possible, expand the scope of surveillance to other endocrine diseases;
- Conduct scientific research and apply the progress of science and technology to control malaria, endocrine diseases.
- Organise training and re-training courses on specialised skills for health staff according to the plan of the province and the central level.
- Coordinate with the provincial centre of health communication and education and the mass media to develop the plan, contents and carry out the launching activities on health education for the people.
- Manage and make effective use of the resources of the State, the National Health Target Programme and other funds; make prompt liquidation of financial matters according to the regulation of the laws.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010):
1. Malaria morbidity decreased by 18%.
2. Malaria deaths decreased.
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 63.76%.
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Certificate of merit of MoH: 2007, 2008 and 2009;
- The title "Excellent Labour Collectivity" recognised by the Provincial People's Committee (PPC) of Quang Nam in 2007 and 2008;
- Flag and certificate of merit of PPC in 2008;
- Certificate of merit of MoH for the excellent accomplishment of the malaria control activities period 2006-2010.
Training course on diagnosis and treatment of malaria for health staff at grass-root level
|Epidemiologic investigation at locality |
|The Centre in collaboration with the audit mission team of Global Fund project |
|Distributing impregnated bednets for the local people |