Training course on "Diagnostic Test of Helminthiasis" for medical staff at provincial and district levels
|Assoc. Prof. Trieu Nguyen Trung in his opening speech at the training course.|
Under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO), the IMPE-Quy Nhon held the training course on Diagnostic Test of Helminthiasis for medical staff of 10 provinces of Central Vietnam from 9 to 12 August 2011.
Participants to the training course included 21 medical staff with different qualifications from 10 provinces of Central Vietnam (Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Gia Lai, Kon Tum, Dak Nong, Ninh Thuan, Khanh Hoa, Phu Yen).
The contents of the training course:
- Introduce the general of helminthiasis infection in Central Vienam.
- Introduce some techniques of stool testing for helminth-egg detection.
- Introduce ELISA technique for diagnosis of some helminthiases.
- Practice the microscopy to classify helminths, unicellular and larva of Filaria.
- Test by microscopes to dectect some kinds of helminth eggs:
- Practise some of test techniques for detection of helminth eggs: stool test, Kato-Katz technique.
- Practise ELISA technique for diagnosis of parasitic diseases.
Dr. Nguyen Van Chuong, vice-director guiding the trainees at the training course.
During 4 days of the training course, the participants were instructed in techniques of diagnostic test carefully by the Institute's lectures. The results of the training course is as follows: 4/21 Excellent (19.04%), 12/21 Good (57.14%) and 5/21 Fair (23.80%).
On behalf of the leaderships of IMPE-Quy Nhon, Assoc. Prof. Trieu Nguyen Trung reviewed the training course and suggested the trainees to report the training results to their units and deploy helminthiasis control activities timely.
Participants at the training course.