The Provincial Malaria Control Centre of Dak Lak
Address: 70 Le Duan Street, Buon Me Thuot City
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 12 districts and 1 city
2. 12 districts with 162 communes in malaria-endemic zones
3. 84 microscopic sites
Mai Dinh Ha, MD., MSc.
1. 3 specialized departments and 2 functional departments
2. Staff: 29 members
- Postgraduates: 02
- Graduates: 17
- Secondary trainings and others: 10
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
- Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Department on the implementation of malaria control activities in the province.
- Develop and submit the plan of preventing malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases on the basis of the plan for provincial health cause development, MoH's guidelines and provincial situation to the Director of Provincial Health Department for approval and implement the activities as planned.
- Participate in scientific research and apply technical and scientific advances to the prevention of malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases in accordance with local requirements.
- Participate in training and re-training of expertise knowledge and skills for specialised staff and others according to the central and provincial plans.
- Coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Center and other mass media organisations in the province to set up plans of and launch health education and communication on controlling malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases;
- Manage and make effective use of the resources of the State and other programmes such as supplies, facilities, chemicals and budgets for malaria control activities.
- Implement personnel management, regulations and policies, rewards and punishments under assigned authority.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESUTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 47.13%
2. Malaria deaths decreased.
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 25%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Certificate of merit of Prime Minister.
- Certificates of merit of the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Provincial People's Committee.
- Merit flag of the MoH.
Free distribution of treated bed-nets to people in malaria-endemic areas
|Instruct local people to prevent malaria |
| Inspect microscopic sites in district health facilities|
| Take blood smears for malaria parasite examination in the field|