The Centre for Preventive Medicine of Dak Nong
Address: Tran Hung Dao Street, Gia Nghia County Town
Telephone : 0501. 3544 692
Fax: 0501. 3545 371
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 7 districts and 1 county town.
2. 79 communes in malaria-endemic areas.
3. 64 microscopic sites.
Tran Thi Kim Tuyen, MD.
1. 6 specialized departments and 2 functional departments.
2. Staff: 43 members
- Postgraduates: 01
- Graduates: 16
- Secondary trainings and others:26
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
- Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Service on the deployment of technical and specialised tasks of preventive medicine on the provincial scale.
- Develop and submit the implemention plan of technical and specialised duties of preventive medicine on the basis of the MoH's strategic orientation and provincial situation to the Director of Provincial Health Department for approval.
- Direct and implement the activities as follows:
a) Deploy technical and specialised activities on epidemic prevention, community nutrition, health quarantine, cancer control, environmental health, school health, occupational health, injury prevention and community safety;
b) Direct and monitor technical activities of district centres for preventive medicine and health facilities on the provincial scale;
c) Coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Centre and mass media to launch health information, education and communication on preventive medicine;
d) Participate in training and re-training of preventive medicine for specialised staff and others according to the central and provincial plans;
e) Conduct scientific research and apply the progress of science and technology in the field of preventive medicine;
f) Manage and implement project of the National Health Target Program and other projects assigned by the director of Provincial Health Service;
g) Undertake services of preventive medicine according to the assignment of director of Provincial Health Service and the regulations of the law.
h) Monitor and evaluate specialised activities in coordination with concerned bodies;
i) Implement personnel management, regimes and policies, rewards, disciplines concerning civil servants and officials; manage the unit finance and property regulated by the laws;
j) Conduct regulations of statistics and reports according to the laws;
k) Carry out other tasks assigned by the director of Provincial Health Service.
Training of new laboratory technicians at communal level
Medical examination and treatment at locality
Bednets impregnated with insecticides to distribute to local people
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 61.75%
2. Malaria deaths reduced by 60%
3. Malaria parasite rate decreased by 47.64%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Merit flag of MoH for the excellent achievement of health missions in 2010
- Certificates of merit of MoH for 10 groups and 9 individuals of the centre for the excellent achievement in carrying out preventive medicine activities and other projects of the National Health Target Program such as extended vaccination, childhood malnutrition prevention, food hygiene and safety, malaria control.
- The title "Typical Unit" of Provincial Medical Branch of Dak Nong period 2004-2010.