Address: 39A Hoang Van Thu Street, Nha Trang City
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 8 districts/city
2. 7 districts with 75 communes in malaria-endemic zones
3. 58 microscopic sites.
Le Anh Dung, PhD., MD.
1. 3 expertise departments and 2 funtional departments
2. Staff: 21 members
- Postgraduates: 03
- Graduates: 06
- Secondary trainings and others: 12
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
- Implement technical and specialised activities of controlling malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases on the provincial scale;
- Technically instruct and supervise the control activities of malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases conducting at health facilities on the provincial scale;
- Coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Center and other mass media organisations to launch health information, education and communication on controlling malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases;
- Provide training and retraining of expertise knowledge and skills of preventing malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases for specialised staff and others in accordance with the central and provincial plans;
- Participate in scientific research and apply technical and scientific advances to the prevention of malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases;
- Manage and implement projects belonging to the National Health Target Program and other control projects of malaria, parasitic diseases and vector-borne diseases assigned by the provincial health department.
- Carry out the inspection, examination and evaluation of specilised activities in coordination with concerned bodies.
- Implement personnel management, regulations and policies, rewards and punishments concerning civil servant and official; manage the unit finance and property regulated by the laws;
- Conduct regulations of statistics and reports according to the laws.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESUTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 26.14%
2. Malaria deaths decreased.
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 19.88%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Certificate of merit of the MoH for achievements in malaria control in 2007
- Certificate of merit of MoH for achievements in malaria control period 2006-2010.
- Lots of certificates of merit of the Provincial Health Depatment for the excellent accomplishment of the health missions.
Launching ceremony on "World Malaria Day 25 April" in malaria-endemic zones
|Treating bed-nets with insecticide for local people |
|Taking blood smears from local people for malaria parasite dectection|
|Entomology activities in the field |