The Provincial Centre of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology of Thua Thien Hue
Address: 52 Ngo Quyen Street, Hue City
Telephones: (0543) 823 243 ? 845 618
Fax: 0543. 3845 618
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 9 districts with152 communes
2. 6 districts with 43 communes (302 villages) in malaria-endemic areas.
3. 75 microscopic sites.
Hoang Van Hoi, MD., MSc.
1. 3 specialized departments and 1 functional department
2. Staff: 23 personnel
- Post-graduates: 02
- Graduates: 06
- Secondary trainnings and others: 15
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
- The centre was established according to the Decision No.39/YT-QD dated 29 July 1989 of Thua Thien Hue Health Department, the Decision No. 732/Q?-UB dated 19 October 1991 and No. 1329 Q?/UB dated 22 June 1999 of Thua Thien Hue People's Committee on assigning the functions, duties, authorities, structural organization of the provincial health organization system.
- Provide counselling for the director of the Provincial Health Service on the deployment of technical and specialised tasks of controlling malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases in the province.
- Set up implementation plans for technical expertise activities relating to the control of malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases in the province.
- Coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Center and other mass media organisations to launch health information, education and communication on controlling malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases.
- Provide training and retraining of expertise knowledge and skills of preventing malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases for specialised staff and others in accordance with the central and provincial plans.
- Conduct scientific research and apply the progress of science and technology to control malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases.
- Manage and deploy the projects belonging to the National Health Target Programme and other projects of malaria, parasitic diseases and vector-borne diseases control.
- Undertake control services of malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases according as regulated by the laws.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 79.01%
2. Malaria deaths decreased by 100%
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 51.35%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Cetificates of merit of Thua Thien Hue Provincial People's Committee for the excellent accomplishment of the health missions in 2006 and 2008.
- Certificate of merit of MoH for the excellent achievements of malaria control activities in 2007 and 2008.
- The title "Excellent Labour Collectivity" in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- Merit flag of MoH in 2009.
- Certificate of merit of MoH for the excellent achievements of malaria control activities in the period of 2006-2010
- Certificate of merit of the Prime Minister in 2010.
| ||Launching ceremony on "World Malaria Day 25 April" in the province|
|Conduct medical examination and distribute drugs to the people in border areas in collaboration with the provincial borderguard |
|Take blood smears for malaria parasite examination at locality |
|Bed-nets impregnated with insecticides and distributed to ethnic minorities to prevent malaria || |