Quang Tri Provincial Center for Preventive Medicine
Address: Hoang Dieu Street, Dong Ha City
Telephone: 053 3852582
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 8 districts, 1 county town and 1 city
2. 9 districts with 14 communes in malaria-endemic zones
3. 40 microscopic sites
|Nguyen Xuan Tuong, MD., level I specialization|
1. 7 specialized departments and 2 functional departments
2. Staff: 64 members
- Postgraduates: 04
- Graduates: 30
- Secondary trainings and others: 30
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS:
- Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Department and carry out technical and specialised activities of preventive medicine on the provincial scale.
- Develop and submit the implemention plan of technical and specialised duties of preventive medicine on the basis of the MoH's strategic orientation and provincial situation to the Director of Provincial Health Department for approval.
- Deploy technical and specialised activities on epidemic prevention, community nutrition, food hygiene and safety, environmental health, school health, occupational health, injury prevention and community safety;
- Technically instruct and supervise the operations of district centres for preventive medicine and health facilities on the provincial scale;
- Coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Center and other mass media organisations to launch health information, education and communication on preventive medicine;
- Participate in training and re-training of preventive medicine for specialised staff and others according to the central and provincial plans;
- Participate in scientific research and apply the progress of science and technology to disease prevention and control;
- Manage and implement projects belonging to the National Health Target Program and other projects assigned by the director of Provincial Health Department (PHD);
- Carry out services of preventive medicine according to the assignment of PHD director and the regulations of the laws;
- Carry out the inspection, examination and evaluation of specilised activities in coordination with concerned bodies;
- Implement personnel management, regulations and policies, rewards and punishments concerning civil servants and officials; manage the unit finance and property as regulated by the laws;
- Conduct regulations of statistics and reports according to the laws;
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the PHD director.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESUTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 51.92%
2. Malaria deaths decreased.
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 50%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Medal of Labour, Class II, awarded by the President in 2009 (Decision No. 631/QD/CTN dated 05 May 2009)
- Merit Flag of Ministry of Health (MoH) for Excellent Emulation Unit in 2005
- Certificate of merit of Provincial People's Committee (PPC) for Cultured Unit period 2003 - 2006
- Certificate of merit of MoH for excellent achievements in dengue control in 2006
- Certificate of merit of MoH for excellent achievements in malaria control in 2007
- Certificate of merit of MoH for achievements in extended vaccination in 2006
- Certificate of merit of PPC for excellent achievements in rehearsing the Avian Influenza Control in 2006
- Certificate of merit of the MoH for contribution and achievements in HIV/AIDS control period 1990-2010
- Certificate of merit of PPC for achievements in operation in 2010
- Certificate of merit of the MoH for achievements in malaria control in 2009
- Certificate of merit of PPC for achievements childhood malnutrition prevention period 2005 - 2009.
- Certificate of merit of Provincial Confederation of Labour for achievements in emulation movements on Good Work and Powerful Trade Union.
|Medical examination and treatment|| |
|International cooperation || |