The Provincial Centre of Malariology and Endocrinology of Quang Binh
Address: 74 Dong Hai, Dong Hoi city
Telephone: 052. 3845 445
Fax: 052. 3845 445
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 7 districts/city
2. 159 communes in malaria-endemic areas
3. 72 microscopic sites
Pham Sinh Quyet, MD., level I specialization
1. 5 specialized departments and 2 funtional departments
2. Staff: 31 members
- Postgraduates: 06
- Graduates: 11
- Secondary trainings and others: 14
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS:
- Undertake control activities of malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases, endocrine and metabolic disorders in the province.
- Make plans for control activities of malaria, parasitic, vector-borne diseases and metabolic disorders.
- Detect, treat and manage malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases, endocrine and metabolic disorders.
- Coordinate with other related bodies of the province to carry out activities of health communication and education on control of malaria and endocrine disorders for the community.
- Organise the training courses on specilised skills for health staff of the Centre and other lower levels.
- Conduct scientific research and apply the progress of technical science to controlling malaria, endocrine and metabolic disorders.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 48.66%
2. Malaria death cases decreased by 100%
3. Malaria parasites rate decreased by 42.26%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Certificate of merit of Quang Binh Provincial People's Committee in 2008.
- Certificate of merit of Ministry of Health in 2010.
Workshop on malaria control for Vietnamese-Laotian border area
Launching ceremony on "World Malaria Day 25 April"
|Training course on microscopic examinationfor staff of microscopic sites|
|Laboratory examination for malaria parasite detection by Technical Inspection Group |