The Provincial Centre of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology of Kon Tum
Address: 71 Phan Dinh Phung Street, Kon Tum City
Telephone: 060. 3862 352
Fax: 060. 3861 831
I. MANAGEMNT AREA
1. 9 districts/city
2. 9 districts/city with 97 communes in malaria ? endemic areas.
3. 75 miscroscopic sites.
Nguyen Van Duc, BSc.
1. 3 specialized departments and 2 functional departments
2. Staff: 22 members
- Post-graduates: 02
- Graduates: 05
- Secondary trainings and others: 15
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provide counselling for the Health Service on the control plan of malaria, soil-transmitted helminthiasis and vector-borne diseases.
- Implement the surveillance of malaria epidemiology, parasitology and entomology; organise training courses on malaria control for health staff from district, communal and village levels.
- Monitor activities on malaria treatment and drug efficacy at health facilities of the province.
- Coordinate with the mass media such as the Provincial TV and Radio Station, Provincial Centre of Health Education to work on content and to launch campaigns on health education and communication of malaria, parasitic and vector diseases control.
- Conduct scientific research on malaria and helminthiasis control.
- Monitor on management, allocation and usage of resources, materials, and state budgets for malaria control activities.
-Implement home management on personnel organisation, regimes and policies, emulations, reward and disciplines within the assigned authorities.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity decreased by 65.06%.
2. Malaria deaths reduced by 100%.
3. Malaria parasite rate decreased by 54.25%.
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Second and third labour Medal.
- Merit flag of MoH.
- Certificate of merit of MoH.
Training course on microscopy examination for medical staff at district level
| Workshop on malaria control for Vietnamese-Laotian border area|
|Distribute impregnated bed-nets to local people |
|Launching ceremony on ?World Malaria Day 25 April? in the province |