The Provincial Centre of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology of Gia Lai
Address: 69 Phan Dinh Phung Street, Pleiku City
Telephone: 059. 3824 387
Fax: 059. 3824 387
1. 17 districts, 1 county town and 1 city
2. 14 districts in malaria-endemics areas.
3. 100 microscopic sites
Phan Gia Cong, MSc.
1. 3 specialised departments and 2 functional departments.
2. Staff: 35 members
- Post-graduates: 06
- Secondary trainings and others: 20
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
- Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Department on the deployment of technical tasks of controlling malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases on the provincial scale.
- Develop the implemention plan of technical and specialised duties concerning the control of malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases in the province.
- Direct and monitor expertise activities; coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Centre and other mass media organisations to launch health information, education and communication on control activities of malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases.
- Participate in training and re-training of expertise knowledge and skills of preventing malaria, other parasitic and vector-borne diseases for specialised staff and others in accordance with the central and provincial plans.
- Conduct scientific research and apply the progress of science and technology to control malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases.
- Manage and implement projects belonging to the National Health Target Program and other control projects of malaria, parasitic diseases and vector-borne diseases.
- Carry out services of preventing malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases according to the regulations of the law.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity decreased by 57.87%.
2. Malaria deaths reduced by 100%.
3. Malaria parasite rate decreased by 63.27%.
4. No malaria outbreak.
Certificates of merit of Ministry of Health for excellent achievements in malaria control in 2005, 2007, 2009.
Propagandize local people to sleep under impregnated bednets for malaria control
| Educate local people to prevent malaria by buying and using impregnated betnets|
| Launching ceremony on malaria control in the province|
|Training course on strengthening management capacity of malaria control for medical staff at district level |