The Provincial Malaria - Goiter Control Centre of Binh Thuan
Address: 133A Hai Thuong Lan ong Street, Phan Thiet City
Telephone : 062. 3822 433, 062. 3828 963
Fax: 062. 3828 963
1. 10 districts/city.
2. 7 districts with 85 communes in malaria-endemic areas.
3. 115 microscopic sites.
Pham Quang Anh, MD., level I
1. 7 departments
2. Staff: 41 members
- Post-graduates: 06
- Secondary trainings and others: 24
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS:
- Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Department (PHD) on the implementation of technical and specialised activities of preventing malaria, parasitic and vector-born diseases and other control activities of endocrine and metabolic disorders in the province.
- Make plans for control activites of malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases, endocrine and metabolic disorders on the provincial scale.
- Deploy technical and specialisedactivites pertaining to the control ofmalaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases.
- Technically instruct and supervise the operations of preventing malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases at health facilities in the province.
- Manage and implement projects belonging to the National Health Target Program and the projects of controlling malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases assigned by the PHD.
- Carry out control services of parasitic and vector-borne diseases according to the regulations of the law.
-Investigate and monitor the situation of endocrine and metabolic disorders in the community.
- Conduct medical examination, treatment and monitoring of patients of endocrine and metabolic disorders in the community.
- Technically supervise the quality of iodized salt at production facilities and in the community based onprescribed standards.
- Participate in training and re-training of expertise knowledge and skills relating to malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases for medical staff and others according to the central and provincial plans.
- Conduct scientific research and apply the progress of science and technology to control malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases.
Propagation on malaria control bycentre staff in a provincial cultural show
Mobilise the whole people to participate in malaria control
Training course on microscopy examination for communal health staff
Treat bed-nets with insecticides for malaria control
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 6.22%.
2. Malaria deaths decreased.
3. Malaria parasites rate decreased by 68.63%.
4.No malaria outbreak.
1. Certificate of merit of MoH for excellent achievements of malaria control in 2007 and 2008.
2. Certificate of merit of MoH for excellent achievements of malaria control in the period of 2006-2010.