The Provincial Centre of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology of Ninh Thuan
|The Provincial Centre of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology of Ninh Thuan|
Address: 156 Ngo Gia Tu Street, Phan Rang City
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 17 districts/city
2. 05 districts with 25 communes in malaria-endemic zones
3. 52 microscopic sites
Pham Van Ky, BSc.
1. 04 departments
2. Staff: 20 members
- Postgraduates: 03
- Graduates: 10
- Secondary trainings and others: 07
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS
Provide counselling for the Director of the Provincial Health Department and carry out technical and specialized activities on controlling malaria, parasitic and vector-borne diseases in the whole province.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESUTS (2006-2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 8.04%
2. Malaria deaths decreased by 100%
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 19.75%
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Certificate of merit by the MoH during 2007-2009 (Decision No. 660/Q?-BYT dated 26 Feb 2009) for excellent achievements in malaria control activities.
- Certificate of merit by theProvincial People's Committee (PPC) of Ninh Thuan for the excellent accomplishment of the health missions during 2009-2010.
- Title of Excellent Labour Unit recognized by PPC in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Training course on operating methods of community-based malaria control
| Training course on malaria microscopy examination for staff of microscopic sites.|
|Epidemiological surveillance of malaria |
| A location for distributing impregnated bed-nets to forest-goers |