The Centre for Preventive Medicine of Phu Yen
Address: 73 Lac long Quan Street, Tuy Hoa City.
Telephone: 057. 6256 012, 057. 3550 411, 057. 3852 827
Fax: 057. 6256 012
I. MANAGEMENT AREA
1. 9 districts and 1 city
2. 9 districts with 67 communes in malaria-endemic areas
3. 52 microscopic sites
Nguyen Hung, MD., level I specialization
1. 5 departments
2. Staff: 56 members
- Postgraduates: 04
- Graduates: 20
- Secondary trainings and others:32
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS:
- Provide counselling for the director of the Provincial Health Service on the deployment of technical tasks of preventive medicine in the province such as: hygiene and prevention of infectious diseases, occupational health, malaria and goiter control, international health quarantine, food hygien and safety, and school hygiene in the whole province.
- Organise the implementation of programmes, projects and other missions assinged by the Director of the Provincial Health Service.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006 ? 2010)
1. Malaria morbidity rate decreased by 30.72%.
2. Malaria deaths decreased by 50%.
3. Malaria parasite rate decreased by 44.71%.
4. No malaria outbreak.
1. Third-class labour Medal in 2005 by the State President to the Centre.
2. Certificate of merit of the Prime Minister to the Malaria and Goiter Department of the Centre.
Bed-net impregnation with insecticides
|Insecticide spraying for malaria control |
| Take blood-smears for malaria parasite detection at locality|