Binh Dinh Center for the Prevention of Malaria and Endocrinology
Address: 505 Tran Hung Dao Street, Quy Nhon City
Telephones:056. 3820005 ? 056. 3818614
Fax: 056. 3811058
I. MANAGEMENT AREA:
1. 11 districts/city with 159 communes/wards/towns
2. 11 districts with 71 communes in malaria-endemic zones
3. 85 microscopic sites
4. 498,238 people live in malaria-endemic zones
Hoang Xuan Thuan, MD.,
level II specialization
1. 02 specialized departments and 03 functional departments
2. Staff: 41 members
- Postgraduates: 06
- Graduates: 12
- Secondary trainings and others: 23
III. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES/ASSIGNMENTS:
- Carry out technical and specialized activities relating to the control of malaria, parasitic diseases and vector-borne diseases, diabetes, metabolic disorders and iodine deficiency disorders on the provincial scale.
- Develop and submit the control plan of malaria and endocrine diseases on the basis of the plan for provincial health development cause, guidelines of the national control programs of malaria and endocrine diseases and provincial situation to the program chairman and director of Provincial Health Department for approval.
- Direct and deploy the technical supervision and investigation to detect malaria, parasitic diseases and vector-borne diseases; survey and assess the situation of goitre and diabetes infection; monitor the usage of salt in the province for disease prevention; provide medical examination and treatment of malaria, diabetes, goitre and helminthiasis on the provincial scale.
- Participate in scientific research on specialized fields; apply the progress of science and technology to satisfy requirements of public healthcare in the locality.
- Provide training and re-training of malariology and endocrinology for specialised staff in the province.
- Coordinate with the Provincial Health Communication and Education Center and other mass media organisations to launch health information, education and communication on malaria and endocrine diseases; conduct regulations of statistics and reports according to the laws.
- Manage and make effective use of the resources of the State and other aid programmes such as budgets, supplies, chemicals, drugs and means of transport, etc.; timely draw balance-sheet as regulated by the laws.
- Implement personnel management, regulations and policies, rewards and punishments under assigned authority.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the PHD director.
IV. MALARIA CONTROL RESULTS (2006-2010):
1. Malaria morbidity decreased by 62.93%.
2. Malaria deaths reduced by 100%.
3. Malaria parasite rate reduced by 57.14%.
4. No malaria outbreak.
- Medal of Labour, Class III, period 1997-2001
- Emulating Flag of the Ministry of Health (MoH) in 2008
- Emulating Flags of the Provincial People's Committee (PPC) in 2005, 2010
- Certificates of merit of the MoH in 2006, 2007, 2010
- Certificate of of merit of Vietnam National Union of Health Workers in 2009
- Certificate of merit of the PPC in 2007
- Title "Cultured Unit" recognized by the PPC in 2007
- Title "Excellent and Powerful Basic Labour Union" recognised continuously from 2005 to 2010
- Title "Transparent and Powerful Party Cell" for five successive years 2005-2010
Launch anti-malaria campaign in Binh Dinh province
|Train laboratory technicians at district level |
|Training course on microscopy examination |
|Medical examination and treatment in the centre |